I’ve done a lot of selfish sewing lately so I decided to make something for my munchkin. Using the Girls style book I made the tunic top “L. I didn’t include the frilly part of the sleeve to make it more of a tunic top ans i also added contrasting pockets. The right pocket is a bit wonky but it not noticeable when worn.
Fabric : “Drapey” Cotton and Checkered cotton
Instructions: I got the English version.Good diagrams but the instructions didn’t have much detail.Being a novice sewer, I spent a lot of time reading the instructions and trying to figure them out. Ouch. My brain hurt after a while. With that being said eventually it all clicked and the clothes aren’t that hard to make.
Been pretty busy lately doing a little bit of everything and a little bit of nothing! I managed to get over to the Lincraft stocktake sale which was a really huge disappointment. They didn’t really have much good stuff there but I got myself the Simplicity 2444 which I’ve wanted for a long time (50% off-nice). I’ve seen it all over blogland and I’m pretty excited to get started on this one this week.
Also my “Girls style Book” by Yoshiko Tsukiori arrived in the mail so finally I can get started on some funky threads for my munchkin.
Hopefully I will have some finished projects to show this week. Better get cracking, Have a great week!