I’ve done a lot of selfish sewing lately so I decided to make something for my munchkin. Using the Girls style book I made the tunic top “L. I didn’t include the frilly part of the sleeve to make it more of a tunic top ans i also added contrasting pockets. The right pocket is a bit wonky but it not noticeable when worn.
Fabric : “Drapey” Cotton and Checkered cotton
Instructions: I got the English version.Good diagrams but the instructions didn’t have much detail.Being a novice sewer, I spent a lot of time reading the instructions and trying to figure them out. Ouch. My brain hurt after a while. With that being said eventually it all clicked and the clothes aren’t that hard to make.
June is Indie Pattern Month. This is a great sew-along supporting the independent patterns out there. Drop over to the Curious Kiwi’s or Modern Vintage Cupcakes blog for more information.
I’ve decided to tackle the Mathilde Blouseby one of my favourite sewing bloggers (and one of my inspirations) Tilly and the Buttons.
It’s a bit of a scary one, with tucks and darts (my arch nemesis) but I’m going to take it slow. That’s going to be hard for me. I get so excited when I’m sewing and all I want to do is see the finished product, so I tend to rush things a bit and make silly mistakes. Patience is a virtue.